Monday, August 01, 2011

Cowboys & Aliens & Bud & Styrofoam

Well, I still haven’t seen this movie, but didn’t stop me from building a replica cuff (and replica horse) for the movie premiere at Alamo Drafthouse this past weekend. The cuff is carved from a single piece of Styrofoam and includes micro LED lights and sound effects.






Like I said, I haven’t seen the movie, so I don’t know what it’s supposed to do. I only modeled it after the movie posters and trailer. I’m pretty sure that the one from the movie doesn’t have tiny hidden LED mice in the bottom. I’m also pretty sure that Mr. T isn’t in the movie…even though I built in a Mr. T sound card. Really just a little surprise for the guy I built it for. Thought it would be fun if he prepares for battle by pushing the big red button and hears “I PITY THE FOOL”

The event ended with a Cowboy & Aliens dance party at the High Ball. I actually had time to go this time. Great music and light show courtesy of The Super Set! Loads of fun to build this stuff, and a really fun event.

No comments: